Friday, February 23, 2007

McAlister's Deli


McAlister's Deli is a wonderful place to go and get almost any kind of deli sandwich. It is located at 1100 Brampton Avenue, Suite A, in Statesboro. They are open every day from 10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. McAlister's is more expensive than say Blimpie or Subway, but the few extra dollars are definitely worth it. The history of McAlisters is also extremely interesting.

They have great service. You can go in and order your food and a waitress will bring it out to you, while also making sure that your every need is provided. I love that about McAlister's. The employees are extremely friendly, which makes the dining experience enjoyable.

McAlister's is famous for their sweet tea. You can buy a glass or buy a whole gallon of tea. I absolutely love it!

The choice of the month right now is the peach habanero. You can get the habanero club, chicken, or turkey. It is basically a deli sandwich with a peach sauce on it. I have not tried it yet, but it definitely looks yummy!

McAlisters also offers wraps, soups, salads, and spuds. They have a pot roast spud, which is a baked potato topped with pot roast, gravy, and carrots. It is absolutely wonderful. I urge everyone to try it.

My favorite thing at McAlister's is the club sandwich. It is a ham and turkey sandwich with bacon,cheese, and honey mustard. I usually get the potato soup with mine, and of couse, a glass of sweet tea. This meal usually costs me about $9.00, which is a little more than I would usually pay for a deli sandwich, but it is worth it!

McAlisters is new in town and is usually packed at lunch time. I love the inside. The walls are packed with treasures of Statesboro.

McAlisters is a great place to eat. I encourage everyone to try it, and I guarantee that you will love it. Until next time, Happy Dining!

Statesboro Herald's Ratings
Food Rating: 4.2 out of 5
Service Rating: 4.2 out of 5
Atmostphere Rating: 4.1 out of 5

1 comment:

Lauren Childs said...

All I can say is YUM!!! McAlister's is one of my favorites! Your blog is really good. I like how you included the link about the history of the restaurant. I think people should also try the chicken caesar wrap and the brownie delight....good stuff. We need to go back soon!