Thursday, April 19, 2007

Shane's Rib Shack

I just ate at Shane's Rib Shack for the first time on Sunday after church. I had always heard a lot of people talk about how good the food was, but I am not a big rib or BBQ eater. However, I am so glad that I went there, because the food was absolutely delicious.

Shane's Rib Shack is located at 1100 Brampton Avenue in Statesboro. They offer ribs, sandwiches, BBQ, chicken fingers, wings, basically anything you can think of.

They also have 2 different kinds of sweet tea. They have regular sweet tea and Statesboro sweet tea, which I got, because I love sweet tea. I ordered the chicken finger plate which came with 4 large chicken fingers and two sides: I got mac and cheese and french fries. They have other sides such as potato salad, cole slaw, etc.

If you have not tried Shane's Rib Shack, I definitely suggest it. They also do catering for parties, etc. Until next time, Happy Dining!
Statesboro Herald's Ratings
Food Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Service Rating: 3.6 out of 5
Atmosphere Rating: 3.7 out of 5

1 comment:

The BBQ Guy said...

I guess there is some variability from one Shane's location to another.

We ate at a location near our home recently and were not impressed. The bbq sauce was good, but the ribs weren't much more than luke warm. They were charred with some type of black substance that reminded me of steaks that I used to cook on the grill when I was about 13 years old. The ribs were on the dry side and absent of any smoke flavor or smoke ring. The chopped pork wasn't warm at all--actually cold--but it did have a nice hint of vinegar flavor.

The fried okra and baked beans were the best part of our lunch. I recommend the fried okra. It wasn't as good as home cooked, but it was close.